Aurora Colorado Chicken Ordinance
Are Chickens Allowed in this location Yes Max Chickens Allowed 4 Roosters Allowed No Permit Required Yes - $40 one time fee Coop Restrictions Hens must be provided with a covered, predator-resistant chicken coop that:
- Provides at least two square-feet of space per hen.
- Has floor space no larger than 120 square-feet in size.
- Is properly ventilated and designed to be easily accessed, cleaned and maintained.
- Is located next to an enclosed fenced area that is at least six square-feet in size or larger to allow the hens outdoors during the day. The fence must adequately protect them from predators.
- Chicken coops and enclosures must be kept neat and sanitary at all times. They must be cleaned on a regular basis to prevent offensive odors or excessive build up of chicken waste.
City/Organization Contact name Aurora Animal Care Division, 303-326-8288 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional Information Interested folks may want to join our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChicksInAurora/ Link for more Information https://www.auroragov.org/LivingHere/PetsLivestockandWildlife/Chickens/index.htm Information Last Updated 2010-03-30 11:57:27
NOTE: This information was submitted by a member of our chicken forum. Please make sure to double check that this information is accurate before you proceed with raising chickens. You can read more info about checking local laws here..