Welcome to the build of a much needed upgrade for our chickens. We live in a corrugated iron house on 10 acres, and want to build a coop which reminds us of an Australian shack.
- Ventilation during our hot summers.
- Protection from snakes
- Ability for kids to get eggs from outside the coop.
- Storage for food.
- Water tank from roof to water chickens (we're on tank water anyway)
- Aussie shack look.
- Big enough to keep them 'cooped up' in the run when away for a few days (normally they just roam around the property)
- Laying boxes, because we struggle to find their new laying locations every few days.
- Eventually, automatic door opening and closing for protection against foxes.
So far, I only have the following inspiration. I'll post plans and updates as we get further.