We started building the new coop! Its a 6x3 tractor with a slanted tin roof and coop with nesting boxes and a roost. So excited!! Here are the plans:
After cutting the major pieces and starting to notch all the lap joints... plus a close up of the notches.
This is a close up of the lap joint after being glued and attached. Notice the seamstress notations! *My addition* to his carpentry skills.
Hard at work rasping and filing!
Things are starting to come together!!
Starting to paint!!
Got the walls cut and fitted for the Hen house. Next is to paint and attach them. We are saving that door until last...
Just another view. Notice that the side wall goes all the way down to the bottom of the coop. We were not going to keep that but they love sitting in there in the temp coop.
And, one of the ladies checking out the new digs! She was confused to say the least but it looked like a good curious confusion.
We fitted the roof slats and finished painting last week. Last night, we attached the first section of hardware cloth. Hopefully, the ladies should be enjoying the new coop by tonight!!!
Tin roof held on with 3/4 inch roofing screws (rubber seal).
The ramp, being held on with an eye and hook assembly that came with the screen door assembly
(we only used the hinges and will add the handles after the trim)
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!
Page 1 of 3
Page 1 of 3