From our first married Christmas. I didn't have that many cookie cutters yet. - TheChickenLady
Aunt Florence's Christmas Cookies
Cookie Dough3/4 C. shortening (make this amount a combination of shortening and margarine)
1 C. sugar
1/4 C. milk
2 tsps. baking powder
3 C. flour
3 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Roll dough on floured surface to thickness appropriate for cookie cutters (~1/4").
3. Place cut-out cookies on greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 6 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so watch closely. They should be slightly golden.
1/2 C. shortening
3 1/2 C. confectioners' sugar
5 tbs. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients. Beat until smooth.
2. Divide into portions and mix in food coloring as necessary.
Images copyright. All rights reserved.
This page was created in Notepad by Angie.