I have wanted chickens for several years and now we finally did it.
My husband and I made this chicken coop based off of the one from Reinventing The Chicken Coop. We made a few changes and are really enjoying it. The coop is very aesthetically pleasing. It also did not break the bank! We roughly have $150 into it.
The foot print is 4'x5' and currently houses 3 ladies with lots of room!
2x2 main walls
Floor is 4x4 with laminated plywood
Checking for depth
Setting the post
Most of the siding is done. A local hardware shop had cedar boards for 79 cents each.
Front is held on with bolts and wing nuts . It easily comes off for cleaning.
Roost bar. The paint was a mistint for $5!
Chicken door closed
Chicken door slides out
Egg door and nest boxes
Our first egg
Sister Mary Clarence coming down the stairs