I based this design entirely on ideas I got from this site. I sort of made it up as I went along so I don't have any plans, but I think it turned out all right.
I built the walls on the ground then stood them up and screwed them together.
I went ahead and painted the frame before getting too far along. It's a a lot easier before you get all the hardware cloth on.
The bottom of the hen house is made of two old doors I had laying around.
I added cheap linoleum to the hen house at this point to make clean up easy.
The roosts drop into the slots for easy removal when it's cleaning time.
The metal roof is on,
Hen house painted, ladder installed.
Done! Finally! We decided we didn't like the green so we repainted it red.
The walls on each end of the hen house swing open for easy access to clean.
The walls on the back swing open for easy access to the nesting boxes.
They should be ready to break in their new digs in about a month.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!