Dajr Farms Coop

By head1855 · Apr 3, 2012 · ·
  1. head1855
    So I finally started on our coop. I am trying to use as much "found"/donated wood as possible. The 4x4s and brackets were purchased. After a lot of research and thought I am using the design as I go plan also referring to plans I bought from www.thegardencoop.com if I hit a snag. My original plan was for a 6 x 10 total foot print. The finished coop and run will be a tad bit bigger in that I decided to cut the 2 x 6s pictured to be 6 feet and 4 feet respectively. I am going to do the same for the run also... so by the time you add the 4 x 4s into the plan....


    This picture is my progress so far. The easyup tent is for protection from the weather when I am not working since I have not had a chance to get primer or paint on the untreated wood. I used 2 x 4s for the floor "joist" and failed to make a picture before I out the floor on. I will update with more pictures and discriptions as I get furthur into the project. I goota get goin' though..... a little birdy told me the Easter Bunny might be bringing my two boys chicks for Easter.


    Share This Article


To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!
  1. Stumpy
    Looking forward to your progress!
  2. Chickenhappynh
    Looks great so far! Please continue to post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by