When building our coop, we decided to go all out with something none of us had seen. It took awhile, but in the end we came up with the idea of an old saloon idea. To build the main frame we used two pallets for the sides and laid one on top, we then covered them in old barn wood. We added a floor and a door and we were done! Everything was built with old wood nobody wanted, so the only money we spent making this coop was for the wood chips/shavings, hinges, and the chicken wire. When we finished building the coop we had extra wood so we decided to add more to the saloon idea. It holds three bantam chickens perfectly. I hope you enjoy it.
Here is the main coop.
Here is a photo of one of the walls.
Here is the other wall, we decided to put some humor into it.
This is inside the coop, we used old apple bins for them to nest in.
And this is the sign that ties it all together.
Well, I hope you enjoy my coop as much as I do, and thanks for looking!!
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!