This was my summer project this year. I am a teacher and had the summer to spend with my family and build this coop(el gallinero, can you guess what i teach?)!
Anyways, here it is...
I was building this coop on a tight budget. Most of the wood for the frame…I mean ALL of the wood for the frame was either unwanted wood my father and I salvaged from friends and neighbors or picked up from home construction sites (they throw away A LOT of good material. If you have the patience and if you talk to the people building the house, you can get collect much) I even picked up the nails I used.
I had to work with what I had; so for the studs, I split 2x6's and used garden fence boards for the four corners.
So I did pretty well. I did not pay dime for the frame. BTW, the frame is 8x10x8
Primed, roofed, and layed some concrete along the edges with six anchors.
Frame is painted and Paid $30 dollars for some used cedar fence boards that I made into siding.
Wired and constructed some of the inside. The chicken were getting restless in there small cage...
...free at last!
Still some more to do but the bulk of the work is done. Now I real must be gearing up for the school year.