This is our first chicken coup for our first chickens. I looked at some designs on here and took the ideas I liked and this is what I came up with.
The first weekend on the project all we did was the foundation. The foundation area is 8' x 12'. We also laid chicken wire under the dirt to prevent predators from tunneling in.
Now on to the build. The front is 6'6" and the back is 5'6".
The coop it self is raised 30" of the ground and is 4' x 8' wide.
I put the window in for ventilation on nice days. I will be putting a hinge on the board I cut out so I can close it when it gets cold.
Introducing the little ones to the coop.
Right now I have plastic over the plywood roof until I get around to putting roofing material on it.
There is still work to be done like wiring the run, building and installing the nesting boxes, and building the door into the run. I also have to put in the roosts. If anyone has recommendations on that I am all ears. I will post pictures as we progress. So far I have about $150 into it.
A couple upgrades. I put up the chicken wire and coup door.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!