Giselle, Autumn, Peaches, Lucee, Penny, Tuli... The sweetest babies!

  1. CherriesBrood
    Yeah! I finally was able to incubate and order some baby chicks that Iv been wanting to have for a long time! Some of them are specific breeds, and others have a special meaning. First let me tell you their names and breeds.

    Ordered~
    Giselle~ Easter Egger
    Autumn~ Brown Leghorn
    Peaches~ Salmon faverolle

    [​IMG]

    We got Giselle, because our only Americana died due to an unknown cause. Iv been wanting green eggs ever since, but just haven't gotten any more Americanas. We got Autumn because our two white leghorns stopped laying eggs due to their old age. And peaches we just got for fun. Thought it might be fun to have her. ;)

    Hatched~
    Lucee~ Buff Orpington/Barred rock
    Penny~ Buff Orpington/Barred rock
    Tuli~ Buff Orpington/Barred rock

    [​IMG]

    Now these three have an incredible mom. We call her our miracle chicken. Now Buttercup the miracle chicken had suffered from prolapse about 2 years ago I think. Prolapse is when a hen pushes out her inside organs trying to lay an egg and pushing to hard. Researchers say that they have a 10% chance of surviving, and a 90% chance of dying, and the ones that do survive will NEVER lay eggs again. Well guess what! Yep you guessed it, she did not only survive with our help, but now lays eggs for us and has been to this very day! Not only did this happen, but shortly after this she got mushroom poisoning, she looked terrible, but she survived! And recently got a cold, she looked terrible and we thought she wasn't going to make it, but the next day she was back to her old self and still laying eggs! So of course we had to have miracle babies for generations to come. And now we have Tuli, Penny, and Lucee. Okay I think you've heard enough of me talking, now it's time to show you some pics of the all babes.

    Giselle, I'm guessing she's a Blue Wheaten Americana.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Autumn, a brown leghorn.

    [​IMG]

    Peaches, a VERY fluffy salmon faverolle.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Lucee, a Buff Orpington/barred rock


    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Penny, a Buff Orpington/barred rock

    [​IMG]

    Tuli, a Buff Orpington/barred rock

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    And here's a picture of Giselle and Penny in some flowers

    [​IMG]

    And there they are all together.

    [​IMG]

    I thought I might enter them into the picture of the week because of all of their special meanings to me. Also because of how cute they are. ;)

    Share This Article

Comments

To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!
  1. CherriesBrood
    Thanks so much! Giselle is actually the one that laid all those green eggs for you.
  2. Cynthia12
    Love your photos. Nice job..and such cuties to show off!
  3. chicken4prez
    Awwww I just want to go back in time, go to your house, and squeeze them to death;D
  4. Rhodebar Lover
    Peaches is ADORABLE!!
  5. CherriesBrood
    Thank you : ) They are very cute, but they grow up so fast!
  6. kaycountry1016
    Oh My! How cute all of them are! Congrats on your new chick babies. Enjoyed reading about the babies and your miracle Buttercup.
  7. CherriesBrood
    Thank you both : )
  8. Pugg
    aaaw so cute!
  9. Shabana
    Gorgeous photos. Congratulations, well deserved !
  10. CherriesBrood
    They will automatically select a picture from threads people have created.
  11. CherriesBrood
    Thank you. All you need to do is create a thread like this one, and you can go back, and then click on "create a my chicken page"
  12. chicken04
    There all so cute! Also how do you enter for chicken picture of the week?
  13. CherriesBrood
    Wow thank you so much! And thanks to everyone else too. I love to take pictures of my new chicks in some flowers when they are days old, just because.
  14. 6368
    You have proven scientist wrong! Maybe you should change here name to miracle and her babies names to miracle 1, miracle 2, and miracle 3. Also very good pictures. I could never take pictures that good! :)
  15. RedBreasted
    So adorable! I remember my 3 hens when they were chicks! I have a buff and a brown leghorn too!
  16. LeslieDJoyce
    Awwww. That one photo is so adorable I clicked to see more. What a cool photo session! Well done!
  17. N F C
    They are cute! And you take nice photographs, thanks for sharing them!
  18. BYC Project Manager
    Congratulations, we've chosen one of your chicken pics for the Chicken Picture Of the Week. Thanks for posting your chickens to our "My Chickens" pages! You can find more info about our POW here: BYC POW process

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by