1 sweet flan case (I use Pampas)
3 large eggs (or 4 smaller)
120 g caster (superfine) sugar
100 ml single cream (pouring cream, pure cream)
3-4 small limes
Vanilla bean paste (can sub vanilla extract)
1. Place the flan case on a larger tray, in case of overflow. Blind bake the flan case for 10-12 minutes in a moderate oven, or as instructed on the package. With pre-prepared cases, you don't need to use pie weights.
2. Whisk the eggs and the sugar together in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the zest and juice of the limes, and stir well.
4. Whisk in the cream and vanilla bean paste.
5. Pour mix into blind-baked flan case.
6. Bake tart at 165 C (330 F) for approximately 30 minutes. Near the end, jiggle the tart to check consistency. Take it out as soon as the centre no longer jiggles in a liquid way.
7. Decorate with thin lime slices (before or after baking), and/or blowtorched brown sugar.
8. Refrigerate before eating.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!