Recent User Reviews
"Really good idea that needs serious tweaking"
- 2/5, 2 out of 5, reviewed Jul 1, 2018
This seems like a strictly a short term use project. It may work for meaties, but for longer-term residents, you'll need more "meat" in the coop!
- The design is solid for a protected area with no predators. Surrounding it with an electric fence may not always work, as many predators can get past a standard electric fence.
- A little extra weather protection would protect the birds from winds and blowing rain. It would also give them a dry place to sit.
- Using the old swing set seems like a good idea, at first, but exposing food birds to all that pressure-treated lumber could be potentially dangerous to your family. Pressure treated lumber really needs to be sealed.
- Chicken wire is made for keeping chickens in, not predators out. Hardware cloth would be a better choice.
- Even meat chickens need some enrichment. A couple of perches and a few boredom busters might keep the chickens from messing with the wooden boards and make for happier, cleaner, healthier birds. And that means a better meal for you and yours!