This is the front of my coop. It's a modified version of the Wichita, modified to use less materials and require less work to construct. Box is 4' x 4' x 4' and the run is 4' x 10'. With those modifications, it only required 3 sheets of plywood for the box. I also used regular chicken wire instead of hardware cloth. By nailing 1/4" 2 x 4 strips on top of the chicken wire where it's stapled, it becomes much stronger. Door is handmade from cedar.
Nesting box is simple. 3 boxes for anticipated 6 chickens. I have 4 now. I figured using a back door instead of having a protruding box with roofing would be a big labor saver. I built the coop in one weekend.
The pig (Freddy Porker) just had to go and eat the chickens' food. Caught with a hoof in the cookie jar, so to speak!
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!