Approximate sizes only. This was a rough sketch and used as a guide only.
Posts were 100x100. I then used framing timber. The sheets of ply for the walls were 9mm thick and came in sheets of 2400x1200. The dimensions were 1200x1200 as it made it easy to cut a sheet in half then fit.
3mm Aluminum door placed inside tarp runners and then put onto a simple pulley system.
I ended up modifying the lid to nesting box and put metal roofing on. The original material was thin ply and began to buckle after a few days in the yard, so luckily I had an off cut that fitted perfectly.
2 nesting boxes
We filled these with pine shavings. The floor of the coop was given a good amount of outdoor weather paint. Made for easy cleaning with a large dust pan and brush. The nesting boxes were loose fit for removal and cleaning.
Insulation was put under the metal roofing to assist in cooling during hit days and to lessen the sound of rain.
Carried to the back yard. It was very heavy (as intended. I did not want to dig it in if it needed to be moved a later date). Due to the weight, it did not budge a bit in winds. Was able to be moved with 3 blokes.
The run was covered with an old trailer cage. Was perfect and then boxed in with treated pine. The cage then had small gauge hardware cloth wrapped all around it. The girls were very secure over night and nothing could get in.