After the first "trial" coop we built, became too small, We decided to give it a second try.... This is what we came up with
This go around, we were going for a vintage barn looking coop. We did not have plans, other than the experiences we went through building the first coop (which was way to small) and looking at pictures online.
Our goal was to make sure our 3 hens had "enough room for activities"
We determined, that a 3x5 space would be more than enough room for sleeping quarters,
since they free range all day.
Once our basic shape was built, it was time to make our "shingles" for the roof.
What barn/coop would be complete without windows and vents!
Siding is going up...
Now for the doors and the paint
Introducing "The Coop" Established 2014
Since this picture was taken, the top roost has been removed and replaced with a nice
natural tree branch that is lower with a ladder, and in a new location.
With all their new space, they still love to cuddle at night.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!