My winter project turned into a spring project, but finally completed my coop. It measures 9' X 6.5'. It stands 20" off the ground, has 5' walls and stands 9' at the roof peak. It technically is a tractor, but will only be moved seasonally for sun/shade as it weighs a ton. Our chicks free range and we have a flock of 13 pullets (12 weeks old as of this writing), and they love it.
The platform with one wall on top of it. More walls framed out laying up against the cedars.
Front view of coop with all wall up.
Nesting box framed out.
Front with nesting box.
Roof on and OSB board going on. Ladders for reference. 6' ladder in foreground and 9' ladder on right side. I went with a metal roof as it is easy to handle, apply, and maintain. It also provides better ventilation.
Side view with OSB.
Side view. You can see I left the ridge cap on the roof extended out. It provides more ventilation while keeping out the rain.
Other side with chicken door.
Front view of coop finished out with plywood siding. I also added a flower box between the windows.
Two 9' long staggered roosts. Plenty of room for our small flock.
Looking out of the front. Notice I have the nest boxes blocked off. They're not ready yet and I didn't want the girls to foul it up before it's ready. Expecting my first eggs in about 8 weeks...I hope.
A look under the eaves. Plenty of ventilation blocked with wire mesh to keep unwanted vermin out.
Looking at the ceiling. It's hard to see, but there is a nice gap for the air to get out through the ridge cap.