My Purina based coop.
It took me a long time to complete but I think it turned out OK
The floor frame:
The roof frame:
2x4s Attached to the floor
All four supports attached
Moved to the actual site before too heavy. Had to lever in two planes.
Leveling is not easy. I learned it can't be improvised. After several attempts I realized it is easier to find the highest and the lowest point and level those two. then use those to level the rest. Finally found a practical use to what we learned in arithmetic: If A=B and B=C then A=C
Attached the roof to the coop frame
Put the vinyl ondulated roofing. Very nice red color!
Partial siding. This $30 window from Amazon.com looks awesome. Very easy to install too.
The other side:
Finalized coop and small 4x4 run. Egg box attached and with hinges and handle.
Finally found a use for some cedar mini-fencing I had hanging around for 3 years.
Unfortunately one of my dogs killed one of the chickens and I learned not to under estimate predators.
They pulled the run with their teeth and when the gap was big enough, got in. Three escaped, one was dead.
I think the coop turned out good looking a functional.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!