When my husband moved back home to Missouri from Colorado, he found it was cheaper to purchase a used bus than rent a U-Haul one-way. He considered converting it to a camper, but it has been sitting in this spot for about 7years and vandals broke out a lot of the windows, so I claimed it for my chickens.
I removed the tracks off of the floor and swept it out. I also removed all of the windows and rearranged the glass panes to have as many unbroken working windows as possible.
Here most of the windows have been reinstalled with most of them together along the same side. The leftover openings are shown with a tarp draped on the outside.
I wanted the openings that I would cover with wood to be together. I thought perhaps it would provide roosting hens a sense of security. Here you can see the wood pieces I cut to the size of a window and attached using the window trim and longer screws from Ace Hardware. You can also see the wood piece my husband cut to fit neatly in where the front window once was.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!