I made a solar powered chicken coop from an old trampoline.
1. I first built a wooden frame for the trampoline frame to sit on. 8'x 15' length and width.
2. I divided the trampoline frame in half. Half on one side and half on the other. Then I sat the frame on the wooden frame and used L brackets to hold it in place.
3. I used EMT conduit to act as the roof frame along with wooden studs.
4. I used ply wood to close in one side and then painted it barn red.
5. I then used corrugated metal for the roof.
6. I closed in the rest with ½ (what we consider) chicken wire and is also known to others as hardware cloth. This is on the front and sides. I then buried chicken wire 2ft underground all the way around the coop to prevent predator dig in. On the very back at the bottom I used the rest of the tin I had left. To help hold in heat
7. I then built roosts and made laying boxes on a platform out of cat litter containers. Then made an appropriate run.
8. I didn't want a high electric bill so I then added 100w solar panels from harbor freight along with power controller and inverter with 2 deep cycle batteries hooked in parallel.
9. Hung up a feeder and then made a waterer out of a 5 gallon bucket.
10. Introduced my chickens to their new home and now I'm waiting on eggs.