A-frame roof, about 7' high. Just about 8' x 4' area. Hard to see but I laid out red brick footings, long side down all around the base of the wood frame to deter critters from digging under the wood. Most of the frame is pressure treated wood, except the interior and under-roof framing. Has electric for the light fixture and possible heating lamp for the winter. I added some little plexiglass windows for light. Thanks to all the foks who posted their ideas here, which is of course where I got just about all of mine! Total cost was about $400 for all materials. Took about 50 hours to build. Still not completely finished... going to add some little side doors for some enclosed runs that can be put on the left or right side of the main coop. I will most likely need to cut out larger windows on the front and rear sides for more ventilation. This house is for four hens. We have a White Leghorn and three Red Sexlinks. Please let me know if you have any comments or questions!
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!