FINALLY!!!! Completion!! The coop is completed. Turned out even better than we expected! Here is the pics of the final project. Hope you like it
OK so now the coop is really starting to look completed. Still some work left, but making great progress. We have been working for 7 days so far, and the work has been paying off. We got the front sliding door designed and built and it works like a charm. I designed a pulley with the pull string located outside of the coop allowing easy open and close without going into the run. We started painting the inside. We also finished the roof with hardware cloth, and the front and two sides are completely finished and cedar shake siding is now finished as well. WOW did I go overboard on this coop LOL. Anyhow here are some new pics, and I hope you enjoy them
So it's been really cold, rainy and yes snowy!! Not a lot of progress since the last time, but thought I would throe some pictures on to show how far we got. I was able to frame the run door, put more insulation, and finally got all the walls and ceiling completed! It is coming out even better than we expected. Well anyhow, enough talk and here are some more pics. Let me know what you think. If you check out my profile page there are lots more pictures from start point to where we are now! Hope you enjoy
Check out all the photos included on my profile page. There are alot more photos!!!
The Eggz Carlton is an aesthetically designed coop to house 6-8 hens. It features a raised coop design, with a nice sized run. The design was created to fit both urban and rural communities. It's size allows for easy concealment, but yet large in size. It is currently under construction and I am designing as I go. It has been very inexpensive to build so far. I am working on plans and building material list. Subscribe to my thread to keep getting updates as the building continues
Had a very busy day today. Finally framed an attached the coop door. Installed 2 vents. Started working on the cedar shake siding. Got the run frame painted and hardware cloth installed on both sides. It is actually turning out WAY better than we expected! Built the window and door trim.