Hawks are often given bad reputations as ruthless killers. This could not be farther from the truth.
- Often mate for life
- Lay Relatively Small Hatches
- If they can not catch their meal easily they will usually move on.
Laws Regarding Hawks:
- It is illegal to kill any Bird of prey Species because they are protected under the Migratory Bird Act
It is illegal to disturb Hawks. This includes:
- Throwing Rocks
- Shooting at them
- Stealing Eggs
- Shooting Paintballs
- Shooting Bottle Rockets
- Setting off any firework nears them
- Using Flare Guns
- Shaking eggs to prevent Hatching
What can I do about Hawks?
Your tactics have to be defense not offense. You must remember these are deterrents and not guaranteed solutions.
Common used hawk deterrents:
- Hanging Old Cd's through out the run
- Attracting Crows with Bird feeders
- Running fishing line through out your yard
- Owl Statue
- Livestock Dogs
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!