The Coop is done....Yayyyyyy!!!! This project took us about a month to complete. What started out as an All In One tiny coop for 2/3 chickens purchased at TSC turned into a 6x6x7 coop with a 12x16 run to house our 8 chickens. My hubby doesn't do anything by halves, me I woulda' slapped together some plywood and called it a coop. Thank Goodness for him, because now we have a safe, beautiful haven for our ladies to thrive. We made sure to have lots of venting for our 100 + degree summers. We also nestled it back into the trees to provide shade and lots of bugs for them to chow on.
This journey began with a trip to the local building supply store (we wanted to support the local economy). After reviewing lots of coops on BYC we settled on one that we really liked the look of then modified the roof to give it more of a "coop" look. My hubby used to work for a major bldg supply retailer, so he has lots of experience with how to "do it yourself"
The end of day one.
T-11 for the siding.
That's us putting on the roof together, tons of fun
The windows we got off of ebay, another great suggestion from a BYC member. My husband LOVES trim work.
Their door to the run.
Outside access to the nesting boxes. Can't wait for eggs.
The BlackJack 57 coop floor.
View from the street.
The ladies are getting too big for the cardboard box in the garage.
Ready for transport
Welcome to Pemberley, enough room for all the Bennet ladies.
Welcome home Jane, Lizzie, Mary, Kitty, Lydia, Caroline, Ginger and our baby bantam, whose name changes daily.
AHHHHH Wing Room...
That's Jane, the oldest of our "Bennet" girls, being held by one of the Pemberley Chicks.
The hawks have found them already. Thank Goodness for hardware cloth.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!