This is the result of spending way too much time designing a chicken tractor. I wanted something light enough for my kids to drag to the next spot (or tow to the next spot with the lawn tractor), that looked presentable, and would work for a few hens.
The crank handle raises and lowers the ramp and locks into place.
I used spring latches to attach the ends. The hairpins were added for extra security against raccoons.
Interior view from the pull handle/window end. The ramp is locked up in this picture. View of the window end and pull/tow handle. Another one on the way! This frame is about 99% done. I still need to add another cross member in the large open space in the top floor. I realized this when I started adding the hardware cloth. I also need to touch up the gray primer spots with a silver metallic spray paint that closely matches the look of the tubing. The paint/primer won't stick to the galvanized finish but it will stick to the welded areas where the zinc coating gets burned away.