MY 'BATOR! Updated PICS Pg 1 & 4 ~ PIC HEAVY!!

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
It's done!!! Here's some pics, I hope it ends up working out....It's not as big as I wanted, but oh well. It'll hold about two dozen eggs MAX, no extras! Anyways, thanks for looking!

I changed a bunch of stuff....I have pics of the wiring process on pg 4. All the details are there, except for the tail end of the wiring cause my MIL had to help me. We missed one of the wires, and didn't figure it out till we got to her house. I did draw up a wiring diagram, though....so check it out if you're interested.

Here it is! This is the setup without the egg rack...
DSCN2188.jpg

Here's a shot of the thermostat....I can adjust it even with the egg rack in there...
DSCN2193.jpg

And this is the whole setup!!!!
DSCN2196.jpg

Last edited:
so, doesn't anyone wanna see??? Oh, and I just put the thermo hygrometer in, and the humidity is at 60% and I think I might have screwed up the thermostat I was turning the plastic piece and hubby said I needed to turn the metal part in the center not the plastic. So I might have thrown everything off
sad.png

I didn't have anything lying around that I needed except the ac adapter, so the total cost was about $65 to $70...and that was also because the cheaper products I found online were not available in the store
sad.png
he.gif
not too bad for a homemade bator, and I still have to get a probe thermometer for the water wiggler. Right now I have one water dish filled up, the small glass one, and the humidity is at an even 60%. I got it to stay steady at about 94.5 degrees, it wouldn't go under 94.4 or above 94.9, so I hope that kind of consistency will do it. I think I'm gonna keep the little hygrometer I bought and use that as a second humidity reader, cause I wanna make sure my instruments are correct. Hubby is so proud of me! He laughed and said it looks really good, not nearly as ghetto as the construction attempts we made for the coops LOL! Those coops are redneck-coop-of-the-year winners!!! The inside of the bator got scratched up a bit trying to get the hardware cloth in, but other than that it's pretty good looking, if I do say so myself!!!

Yes, guitarists, it is!!! I love knowing that I did it all by myself.....Okay, so I had the wiring diagram pulled up on the computer screen the whole time...and I got BYC help last night with the adapter....and the whole idea was from MissPrissy's post....BUT other than that it was all by myself!!! I can't wait to get the temp thing leveled out and figured out and to get my eggies!!! Hopefully by this weekend (8 days from now) I'll have a bator full!!!

LOL Yeah.... thank goodness for Miss Prissy and wiring diagrams! I second that!
big_smile.png
But since building mine, I don;t know that I will ever invest in a manufactured one
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom