Lighter-than-air pan rolls

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
Lighter-Than-Air pan rolls

2 packages active dry yeast (almost 5 tsp)
1 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
Mix together and let set for a few minutes

Mix together 1 cup sugar
1 cup softened butter
1 cup hot water
1 tsp salt

Beat until smooth

Beat in 2 eggs, the yeast mixture, and 2 cups of bread flour. Beat for several minutes. Add another 4-5 cups of flour one cup at a time. After all flour is added, either knead by hand or use mixer with dough hook until dough is smooth and easy to handle.

Let rise in greased bowl until double. Punch down and form into 24 rolls, place in 2, 9X13 greased pans Let rise until double and then bake in a 400 degree over for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

I sometimes substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour for one of the bread flour.

These freeze great. As soon as they're cool I stick them in the freezer...then take out whatever we need and thaw them in the microwave.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be baking again tomorrow.
th.gif

Oh my, again, lol! I won't fit through the door in a month or two at this rate. You just had to post another yummy starch/carb loaded recipe to torment hubby with until he makes it, didn't you
wink.png
He loves to bake and is way better at it than I am so I just encourage him. It's easier that way, allows me more time to devote to my true addiction, cluckers
lol.png

Good grief, Katy, just reading your posts is adding pounds to me! Can you substitude real butter for the butter flavor shortening?

Ok Katy....

Take all of your favorite recipes to the scanner right now. We are waiting for MORE!
droolin.gif

I am gonna have to make these soon. I gotta get to the store and get some supplies.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom