My Duck Eggs Are Hatchin............

Jen4

Songster
11 Years
Sep 7, 2008
Munfordville, KY
ya.gif
I'm so excited... Today makes day 35 since I noticed my duck hen sittin all day on her hidden nest, then a few days later my other duck hen went broody in the coop, so I took 8 eggs from under the shed & put them under the one in the coop... The eggs under the duck hen in the coop are hatchin! They all had pips in them yesterday & the ones under the shed had lots of pips too (none of these have hatched yet). This is soooo cool!

15473_muscovyeggshatchin2011a_collage.jpg

15473_muscovyhatch2011a_collage.jpg

I'll be hangin in the coop & by the shed today...

Last edited:
Ahhh, sweet! Looks like you have a friendly hen.
love.gif

I have two Muscovy hens now broody. One is calm and only squeaks at me while the other will lunge and flap at me. I just added some shipped Muscovy eggs to the newest nest to see if the hen will do the work for me.
big_smile.png

Thank You Both
smile.png

I've takin alot more pics. 13-14 duckings have hatched since this morning... they are soooo cute. Only 4 more eggs to go
smile.png

So adorable. Muscovies are such beautiful birds and yet it's hard to find hatcheries that sell them. Good luck with the rest of the eggs.
big_smile.png

Thank You Miss Lydia... Good Luck on your hatch, shes a pretty girl. Almost looks like my Scarlett
smile.png
My LuLu (shes white) brought her ducklings out in the barnyard tonight... so cute! I took lots of pics.

Back
Top Bottom