Hello from Istanbul, Turkey

marenostrum

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 6, 2011
Istanbul
Hi all!

I'm new to BYC Forum. I was searching the Web for info on chicken pens and happened to see this forum. It seems to be a serious place, so I'm here as a member.

In fact, I have some experience on keeping chickens from my childhood/teenage times which is a way too long back. Thanks to my dad and my uncle, I'm familiar with the "scientific techniques" of keeping poultry, but I'm not very familiar with the last two-three decade's improvements.

I live in a metropolitan area and don't have the possibility to raise chickens anymore. A few days ago my brother-in-law asked me to build a pen for him on a nearby land. It will be a coop for 15 hens. I'm preparing the plans at the moment. I'm trying to take into account some "modern" materials such as PVC door and windows, autoclaved aerated concrete for walls. By doing so, I believe that I'll have better sanitary conditions.

Anyway, even if this is a very small project, I have to do my homework and BYC forum will help me a lot, I believe.

At some point when I have something to share here -such as the plans, the cost, pictures- I'll definitely do so. Up to that point, I'm afraid that I'll read more than I post.

Nice to be here!

welcome-byc.gif
from South Carolina. I hope you spend as much time here as you need to gather information. Don't hesitate to ask any questions. The people here are wonderful, and will help any way they can. I'm looking forward to learning your building methods. Welcome..

Back
Top Bottom