You really have to see this/these eggs! This one is crazy weird!!!

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
First, I get that tiny malt ball sized egg today and now this! What in the world?!?!
hu.gif

DSC02634.jpg

Edited to change title because this really is a must see!
lol.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't know anyway, I'm a newbie. But thanks for sending it to us all. You must have an alien chicken to lay that. Good luck, I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question.
hmm.png

Bizarro! I've had eggs with tails before, but that one takes the cake. Crazy, crazy. If your bunch had IB, that might account for some egg issues. Molting will stress their bodies to the max, too, and cause egg problems. Skye has laid three eggs lately, all contents, no membrane or shell. The first one was before Velvet died. I thought it was Velvet, but I've had two since we lost Vel. She's got me worried right now, too, so I can imagine what you must be feeling. I did get a shell-less egg from one of my new layers, but a single one.

It looks like a shellless egg that didnt come out when it shouldn't have but then another one attached to it and she was finally able to get it out!. Poor thing that must have been painfull for her. Is she doing ok? That's a picture to keep in the memory book to keep :p

Last edited:
Yeah! It was pretty strange alright. My son ended up dropping the contraption on accident and each end had a yolk. Weird! We also got an egg yesterday that looked like it should have been a shell-less egg and it was hard. It was all wrinkled and totally misshapen. Pretty darn strange for sure!

Cyn - I think this came from one of my Golden Comets that hasn't laid yet. I've got 9 hens that are of laying age and so far I've only been getting 7 eggs a day until today. Today I got 9, so I'm sure it came from one of the ones that hasn't laid yet. I've also had one with the tail like you describe, but this was definitely two hooked together. I bet you are getting concerned about Skye. That is strange for her to be laying like that. Maybe it's because of her molt and all her protein going towards new feathers growing back in. Boy these chickens are puzzles, aren't they?!?!
lol.png

I have heard that when they are going through molting that they either stop laying eggs or they might lay soft shelled(shelless). But after shes done molting she should get back to her usual egg laying.
big_smile.png

Gumps:

What are you doing to your chickens?????

First you get a huge egg...

Second you get a tiny egg...

Third you get a ballon animal egg...

I can't wait to see what comes next????

Back
Top Bottom