Photos of New Additions!*Picture Heavy* Cochins/Langshans/D'Uccles

mikarod

Songster
11 Years
Sep 28, 2008
Oklahoma
I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to critique some of the new additions to the flock???

Self-Blue D'Uccle:
Chickenpics004.jpg

(Feel free to critique the Barred Rocks that you can see in the photos.)

Barred Rock Bantam A (With B and C in the background):
Chickenpics003.jpg

Barred Rock B:
TulsaStateFair114.jpg

TulsaStateFair115.jpg

Blue Langshan Pullet(VERY flighty...)
Chickenpics015.jpg

Black Langshan Pullet:
Chickenpics013.jpg

Black Langshan Cockerel (very, VERY friendly...):
Chickenpics018.jpg

Comparison of Black Langshan Cockerel w/ Blue Cochin:
Chickenpics008.jpg

Chickenpics007.jpg

No...you can't see her feet...it's just feathers...I wonder what color her feet are...LOL

Feel free to critique the Blue Cochin also!

No...you can't see her feet...it's just feathers...I wonder what color her feet are...LOL

Last edited:
I'll post about the cochin b/c that's the only of that breed that I know much about.

She is a pretty bird, but her coloring does not seem to be pure throughout. Is that just the lighting or does she have color mixed in with the blue?

I don't know if you want the opinion based on if it's show worthy or just pretty. She *is* pretty. :)

She's pure throughout...it's just my fault for not keeping her covered from the sun. Her lacing wasn't as good last year as it was this year...I'm impressed with how well she turned out. I was just going to use her as a broody bird...but nothing so far.

asher, the barbed wire has been there for 17 years...LOL.

Hehehe...I got her from Superior Farms as a day-old chick. (Sexed her myself!)

Part of Forrest Beauford's old Blue Line.

Oh hun I wouldn't get ANY from them right now. They are rebuilding. Wait until the disease is gone from the farm first. If you'd like contact info I can get it for you.

They have a new farm manager now (Thank GOD!) so things will be getting better and better! They will be NPIP as well! WHOOP!

Back
Top Bottom