- Product Price:
Convenience and complete control make the Ovation 28 EX the ideal incubator for the serious breeder. Automatic turning, automatic humidity control and comprehensive alarms provide reassurance of hatching success. Set the temperature and humidity you require and let the automatic controls do the rest.
A simple and highly accurate menu driven digital control system gives:
Find out more about Biomaster™ antimicrobial plastics.
- Digital display of temperature and humidity
- Integral automatic humidity control
- Automatic temperature control in °F or °C fully factory calibrated
- High and low incubator and room temperature alarms
- Programmable automatic egg turning
- Periodic Egg Cooling feature
- Fan assisted air flow with Induced Dual Airflow system
- Ventilation control
- Good visibility of the eggs
- Robust hygienic ABS construction with Biomaster™antimicrobial plastics
- 28 hen eggs capacity with standard egg carriers provided but suitable for a wide range of egg sizes (optional small/large egg carriers)
- 3-year warranty
Capacities with standard egg carriers (approximate):
Capacities with large egg carriers (approximate):
Brinsea Ovation 28 EX
- Average User Rating:
Recent User Reviews
"Wonderful Incubator, Set and Rest Easy"
Pros - Easy to use
Set and don't worry about it
Improved hatch rates
Cons - Expensive
After losing many eggs early in incubation and several hatches in lock down because of too high humidity early in the process with the cheap incubators I bought last year, I cracked open my wallet and bought this incubator.
This thing is AMAZING! I set it up and within an hour, the humidity and temperature were perfectly spot on and haven't wavered more than .2 degrees C or 3% humidity off the chosen setting. It even works well above or below the ideal temperatures mentioned in the manual, which is wonderful. We depend on gas heaters to keep our house warm and they have to be manually adjusted, which means the temperature in the room they are kept varies a lot.
I am using this incubator as my starter incubator for staggered hatching since it can maintain low enough humidity without any fuss or bother. I check the water reservoir 3-4 times a week and only touch it to add eggs or move them into my lock down incubator.
I went from hatching nothing, to getting a 70% hatch rate. I set 20 eggs, 15 made it to lockdown (5 were early quitters), 14 of the 15 hatched.
I only have two quibbles with the incubator:
- Expensive, but well worth the price
- Not big enough, I wish I shelled out the extra $100 to get the 56 egg model.