➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

I think Cochins are supposed to be a breed that goes broody. I have 2 so they better go broody this year.
I've read they are and good at it but I've always just had games they are generally really good but inexperienced ones could be jittery and may jump off the nest to the point of screaming and running off.

Oh wow. Hopefully mine are good, if not I have an incubator. I just don't want to do all the work for once 😂

I am hoping I get broodies this year. Like you, I want them to do the work. :lau hatching was way too stressful lol but if I have to, I will. I really want to hatch these boy’s eggs but that won’t be for a long while. They’re still too young and also currently still want nothing to do with the big girls. :lau they stay completely separate.

I am hoping I get broodies this year. Like you, I want them to do the work. :lau hatching was way too stressful lol but if I have to, I will. I really want to hatch these boy’s eggs but that won’t be for a long while. They’re still too young and also currently still want nothing to do with the big girls. :lau they stay completely separate.
Most of the duck eggs I'm incubating are fertile. Only ones that weren't were the 3 I threw in from our ducks.

I like incubating, but in the summer I'm too busy to mess with incubating. I have too many swim meets and events we go to.

Most of the duck eggs I'm incubating are fertile. Only ones that weren't were the 3 I threw in from our ducks.

I like incubating, but in the summer I'm too busy to mess with incubating. I have too many swim meets and events we go to.

That’s good!! Why weren’t they fertile? Is she still trying to mate with the rooster!? :lau

And yeah that makes sense. We are usually busier in the summer too. Plus of course the big garden I usually have haha

I’m thinking they won’t even be mating by then though. Going to have to try in the fall maybe.

That’s good!! Why weren’t they fertile? Is she still trying to mate with the rooster!? :lau

And yeah that makes sense. We are usually busier in the summer too. Plus of course the big garden I usually have haha

I’m thinking they won’t even be mating by then though. Going to have to try in the fall maybe.
My 3 female ducks aren't interested in the drake, I don't know why. I think it's just because they're younger.

I asked the guy if I could keep 3 ducklings and he said yes 😆 I was going to do 2, but the husband said 3... I won't argue

So the chicks love the front yard and it has been proving impossible to keep them out. Earlier they were in some bushes in the front next to the house then they moved under a huge bush next to the driveway (and some were in the driveway) and then they discovered the front garden. Finally just chased them out and managed to get them home and locked up. :lau

Not that I particularly mind them being in the front but I would prefer the chickens all be in one area.

I think they are trying to stay away from the big chickens or maybe are just more adventurous being mostly roosters but the back is plenty big enough for all of that! Lol

I keep thinking I’ve lost them and freaking out only to discover they’re in the front!! :lau :barnie

Here they are being naughty LOL

In the 4th one they were pecking my toes!!

View attachment 2028714View attachment 2028716View attachment 2028715View attachment 2028717View attachment 2028718View attachment 2028719
Btw here are the plants. Putting them in a spoiler cause there’s a lot of pictures. :oops: tried to take pictures of a bunch of leaves. A lot seem to have weird like burn marks on the edges or random holes and also all sorts of weird spots. Sorry if the pictures are out of order. Too many to fix it. :lau I took a bunch of each plant but they might be all mixed up but hopefully you get the idea. And I think you can see what I mean about the one previously being bushy.

'
Looks a little like spider mite ...spray entire plant and be sure to get the underside of the leaves. Get rid of the dead pepper leaves in the pot because bugs use that for hiding spots. You might also prune the old stems back to those new growth stems near the base of the plant. This with encourage more new growth. Your older spindly stems will not be strong enough to hold up new peppers.

Back
Top Bottom