• Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
elsa9.PNG
The chick to the left is the newest one that hatched last night, the one to the right hatched on Friday, and the one in the middle hatched earlier in the week. The oldest chick not pictured here is in a brooder with other chicks, these were from my flocks roosters/hen.

Unplugged my incubator for the season...I do have a AC and maybe if she started to lay again, I would have to see if my 1/2 male AC could breed with her,, she lays so rarely I may have to risk it. Maybe after Thanksgiving though...then again she may get some chicks to care for... we will see.

Well, both jaerhons are boys. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø Lol. I wonā€™t be keeping both so Iā€™ll have to decide who needs to go... even then, 2 cockerels may be too much for this group, but weā€™ll see. Everyone is getting along famously so far. I have a single RIR egg that survived due on Wednesday, all the hedemora I got in the last shipment were scrambled so I ordered some more as a last ditch effort for this season... then itā€™s just my sexlink and calico quail eggs that are coming and Iā€™m done for the year. Ducks are all starting to molt so no more eggs from them. Lol.

I had ordered the Nurture Right 360, fired her up just in time for the lone Ayam Cemani it go into lock down in that thing instead. Perfect timing! I incubated these eggs upright in the turners, and the air cells don't really have a dip in them like I've seen in so many other's pictures... they are very round at the top. I am wondering if this will affect how the chicks will hatch? I didn't know how to lay that egg properly down since I couldn't see a clear dip for a possible pip site.

I had ordered the Nurture Right 360, fired her up just in time for the lone Ayam Cemani it go into lock down in that thing instead. Perfect timing! I incubated these eggs upright in the turners, and the air cells don't really have a dip in them like I've seen in so many other's pictures... they are very round at the top. I am wondering if this will affect how the chicks will hatch? I didn't know how to lay that egg properly down since I couldn't see a clear dip for a possible pip site.
They may not pip facing upwards so watch out for that. You may just want to make sure they donā€™t pip facing directly into the floor and suffocate.

So, Heather hatched one little yellow chick the day before I left on vacation. Two hours before I left, my cat grabbed the chick and ran off. We managed to get the chick back, but "she" had a hole in her head. Because it wasn't bleeding, we put her and the mother in their own coop and left them to their own devices.

When I came back a few days later and opened their coop door, Heather walked out without her chick. I don't see a body, because she was in an enclosed area with the body I assume she ate it :sick This is my first experience with true cannibalism, and it was not appreciated! But I can't blame her, it is just instinct.

Well, another hen of mine decided to go broody, but I am done with chicks for 2020!!! Besides, she is trying to brood in a nesting box three feet above the ground. I am breaking her.

Congratulations everybody! Enjoy those fluffies!!! :celebrate

Two new contests!
First place is a Soap Gift Basket from or very own @Sally Sunshine

First Place prize
Donated by @Sally Sunshine of Lil Swatara SOAP LLC

full

Wooden handled "Vintage" Bucket filled with
  • 8oz Coconut Hawaiian Goat Milk Lotion
  • Girl feeding Chicken Soap= Lavender Vetiver Goat Milk Soap est.6-7oz
  • Hen on eggs Soap= Honeysuckle Goat Milk soap est 3-3.5oz
  • In Muslin Sack= Coriander & Lemongrass Goat Milk Soap est.6-7oz
  • Wooden Soap Saver Dish