🎃October Hatch-a-long 2020🎃

I was doing a rare breed mix for the HAL but they came earlier than I expected and wouldn't hold till the 10th, so I am just going to stick them in the incubator later tonight. It's a great mix, not one egg is like the others. The list of what's there: Isbar, Blue Maran, Barbezeiux, Pavlovskaya, Golden Spitzhauben, Cream Legbar, Silver Laced Orpington, Quail Brabanconne, Swedish Flower, Silver Spitzhauben, Silver Deathlayer, and a Partridge in a pear tree!

Oh Wait, wrong season. The last is a Basque Hen. :D

Forgot the pic.

Attachments

• 20201001_112425.jpg
    20201001_112425.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 6
so day 10 just finished candling the Welsummer eggs and all 22 are fertile and developing nicely. These are from my flock, which helps that they are not shipped. Also i am now at 4200ft above sea level instead of over 5300 ft ASL so I am holding out hope for a good hatch
Wishing you the best hatch of all. I had zero luck with shipped Welsummer eggs this year. First time I had a zero hatch. I'm raising a Welsummer roo now to take over this aspect.

Glad we aren't the only ones with mixed up postal services....
For Oct 1st we had 6 pekin ducks and 5 silver appleyards hatch before the incubator had a heart attack, and the remaining appleyard was still 2 days off being ready(set same time) so I had to put it in a cup in the incubator with the eggs that aren't ready to hatch... and now the ducklings hatched early and hasn't even absorbed all its guts.. so basicly I sacrificed my 5 cayuga eggs from my extremely old cayuga hen. Sigh. Time will tell if they are still okay

I was doing a rare breed mix for the HAL but they came earlier than I expected and wouldn't hold till the 10th, so I am just going to stick them in the incubator later tonight. It's a great mix, not one egg is like the others. The list of what's there: Isbar, Blue Maran, Barbezeiux, Pavlovskaya, Golden Spitzhauben, Cream Legbar, Silver Laced Orpington, Quail Brabanconne, Swedish Flower, Silver Spitzhauben, Silver Deathlayer, and a Partridge in a pear tree!

Oh Wait, wrong season. The last is a Basque Hen. :D
Did you get the mix from Foxfire Papillions in ID? I bought a mix very similar to that a couple months ago :) 3 of the nine I got hatched. 2 developed right up until the end, but didn't even internally pip.

Back
Top Bottom