She pooped again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    850.6 KB · Views: 3
It the bubble her crop? Does it feel puffy and soft or like air under the skin? How does her breathe smell if you touch her crop? Crop disorders (sour or impacted crop) can be seen in hens who are having reproductive problems, or on their own.

You may need to clean her vent off with a damp cloth. A warm soak in soapy water to clean it can be done unless she is weak. That could push her over the edge so use your judgement. If you soak, just soak her bottom, and blow dry her after toweling.

Last edited:
I just checked on her and her waddle is dark still. I felt it and itā€™s hard to the touch, almost like a massive scab or a burnt potato chip. The red part of her waddle is fine... how do I check for lice and mites?

I checked her and Iā€™ve noticed a bubble on her chest where her crop should be. I felt it gently and she didnā€™t seem to like it but she will let me touch her anywhere else... what is it??
Sheā€™s eating and drinking a little... she pooped... her butt looks dirty, not sure how to handle that... sheā€™s sleepy (spots on her beak are from the egg).. I felt the bump on her chest where her crop is, could it just be an empty crop? Iā€™m so worried and confused and baffled...
From what I can see her wattles look fine. Her comb, I would wipe that and the back of her head off with a damp cloth. I would also wipe out her nostrils.
She's dirty, some of that could be you're turning the hose on hens when they are picking at one another, but that's neither here nor there are the moment.
Place her in a shallow tub of warm soapy water, just enough water to wash off her legs and the nastiness off underneath her and her vent.
Dry her well with a towel, then use a blow dryer to finish drying her. She's not feeling well so she needs to be dried well and not chilled.

While you are giving her a clean up - feel of her abdomen below the vent between her legs for swelling or feeling of fluid. Look for bugs around her vent, under her wings, along her neck, etc. You will need to lift the feathers to look for bugs crawling around on her skin.

Smell of her breath, does it stink? If she's not liking you feeling of her crop (right side of her breast) then she may also have a crop problem going on. I would check that area tonight when you put her to bed feel of it, see if there's food/water in it. Take out food/water tonight when it's lights out. Re-check her crop again in the morning before you give her food/water - the crop should be empty/flat. If it's not, then let us know.

Hard to know what's going on with her. It does look like she may be molting, but you will have to tell us if you see evidence of that. I would suspect she's got some reproductive issues, she's being picked on and kept from food/water. Crop problems are yet to be seen, you are going to let us know about that.

1602694723297.png

It the bubble her crop? Does it feel puffy and soft or like air under the skin? How does her breathe smell if you touch her crop? Crop disorders (sour or impacted crop) can be seen in hens who are having reproductive problems, or on their own.

You may need to clean her vent off with a damp cloth. A warm soak in soapy water to clean it can be done unless she is weak. That could push her over the edge so use your judgement. If you soak, just soak her bottom, and blow dry her after toweling.
It feels like her crop.... empty.. I had a chicken with sour and impacted crop once.. It could be that, but Iā€™m not sure... sheā€™s acting different... Iā€™ll keep an eye out.. I had a chicken that had impacted crop from eating sand... I had to massage her crop to get her to vomit the sand back up... she is fine now, gave her to a neighbor that had bantams. The chickens live happily now. You had typos in the last paragraph that I couldnā€™t decipher so I was a little confused, sorry šŸ˜…

From what I can see her wattles look fine. Her comb, I would wipe that and the back of her head off with a damp cloth. I would also wipe out her nostrils.
She's dirty, some of that could be you're turning the hose on hens when they are picking at one another, but that's neither here nor there are the moment.
Place her in a shallow tub of warm soapy water, just enough water to wash off her legs and the nastiness off underneath her and her vent.
Dry her well with a towel, then use a blow dryer to finish drying her. She's not feeling well so she needs to be dried well and not chilled.

While you are giving her a clean up - feel of her abdomen below the vent between her legs for swelling or feeling of fluid. Look for bugs around her vent, under her wings, along her neck, etc. You will need to lift the feathers to look for bugs crawling around on her skin.

Smell of her breath, does it stink? If she's not liking you feeling of her crop (right side of her breast) then she may also have a crop problem going on. I would check that area tonight when you put her to bed feel of it, see if there's food/water in it. Take out food/water tonight when it's lights out. Re-check her crop again in the morning before you give her food/water - the crop should be empty/flat. If it's not, then let us know.

Hard to know what's going on with her. It does look like she may be molting, but you will have to tell us if you see evidence of that. I would suspect she's got some reproductive issues, she's being picked on and kept from food/water. Crop problems are yet to be seen, you are going to let us know about that.

View attachment 2373004
Yes yes I meant comb I apologize, I was in a rush typing šŸ˜… I donā€™t think itā€™s the hose, thatā€™s the first time I sprayed the hens. They literally grabbed her by the neck and 3 of them were tearing her up and I was on the other side of the fence. What was I supposed to do?? I did what I could.. they are all molting, feathers all over the run.. Iā€™ve been giving them protein and snacks to help with it. Iā€™ll wash her off in a few as I am not able to where I currently am, and Iā€™ll check her feathers when I do. I looked already earlier and last night and I didnā€™t see any bugs...

Yes yes I meant comb I apologize, I was in a rush typing šŸ˜… I donā€™t think itā€™s the hose, thatā€™s the first time I sprayed the hens. They literally grabbed her by the neck and 3 of them were tearing her up and I was on the other side of the fence. What was I supposed to do?? I did what I could.. they are all molting, feathers all over the run.. Iā€™ve been giving them protein and snacks to help with it. Iā€™ll wash her off in a few as I am not able to where I currently am, and Iā€™ll check her feathers when I do. I looked already earlier and last night and I didnā€™t see any bugs...
Snacks like what?
Snacks like French fries aren't going to help.
A complete balanced diet will help.

ā€”Update 3: she ate a few bites of food from my hand. Iā€™m giving her that cooked egg now. Fries (no oil),cut into fine pieces. Put some small seeds (black oil sunflower) in with her food, better something then nothing, the protein will do her good...
What are fries?

Cut potato slices you deep fry, usually served as a side of a burger or seafood. Popular dipped in ketchup or hot sauce
Your bird may not be in this current situation if she wasn't feed so many treats. Getting a proper complete diet does wonders.

Back
Top Bottom