•• BYC Personal Pages Contest - Chicken Breed Page Contest

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Nifty-Chicken, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

This is the next contest where you create pages for the BYC site. Very similar to the Coop Design Contest.

Here's what you do:

1) Follow the instructions on this page to create a new Personal Page.
    2) Make sure you "add a new page" and name the title of the page after the breed of chicken you want to post about.
    3) Add pictures and information about the breed: behavior, experiences, etc.

Once you are done with your page come back to this thread and add a link to your page for everyone to see!

Just like the coop contest we'll pick a winner and send out some prizes. We'd like to eventually organize all your pages and add them to the BYC site here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/

If you have any questions, post a reply here! Oh... and Have Fun!

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Sounds great! What a great way to inform others of breeds they might want. Hmmm, im not very computer literate, but will give it a shot! Thanks!

3. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes it sound like fun. Its a pity that ive given my silkies a haircut so they dont look as fuzzy on top as they should!!!
    I guess i could put in a story of 16 y/o Goldilocks, she deserves her own page!!especially if she makes it with guiness records.

4. Nifty-Chicken

5. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Nifty, do you want more pages on existing birds (cochins, RIRs, etc.) OR do you want ALL NEW breeds that aren't listed yet?

6. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I don't know how to post pics but I'll give it a shot. When does this have to be done?

7. Nifty-Chicken

Quote:Great question. The answer is: Either and or!!! We want them all!

8. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    OKAY! I'll be working on it....

9. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    ARE YOU KIDING ME!!!!!

Sure just twist my arm and make me talk about Silkies, like I have nothing better to do. NOT!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

How Long do we have to create these fun? creative? informative? one of a kind masterpieces???????

10. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by