1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

¡¡¡¡Help,

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by goodridge_, Apr 18, 2012.

1. goodridge_

goodridge_ Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2011
    Pembrokeshire,Wales
    Help I have been given a free chick and shees chirping really loud wat can I do can I fool her to think there is a way to fool her in thinking theres another chicky or something ??? Please help I dot want to give her up I'm not eBen supposed to have it my dad said I cur have one as long as it's quiet please help I beg you anyone.

2. Moonkit

Moonkit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Richardson, Texas
    Give her a small stuffed animal to snuggle with, that will help her lonliness. It doesn't even have to look like a bird, but its helpful if it does.

3. Cluky

Cluky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Chicago
    Get two more chickies :)

4. goodridge_

Sep 13, 2011
    Pembrokeshire,Wales
    I'll try that :) and if I got more chickes my dad wud go mental if it was my choice I'd have thousands

5. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    One chick probably wont do well. They are very social animals and should be in groups of 3 or more(even 2 together would be better than just the one). If I were you I would have a nice conversation with your dad and explain this and and also your little one wont peep as much or as loud if she had a friend:)

6. goodridge_

Sep 13, 2011
    Pembrokeshire,Wales
    It seems to have calmed a lot she has her mother hen brooder mop thing and shes happier but shell come out of it and chirp if she is on her on but a soon as someones there she calms. i say she could be a he lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by