1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

¿Where can poultry supplies be purchased?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by GuppyLure, Mar 16, 2009.

1. GuppyLure

GuppyLure Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    Quick question:
    What is the best term to use when searching for a store with poultry feed and supplies?
    Or, what company/store do you buy such items from that might be located in Salt Lake City?

Long version of my question:
    Do you have a favorite place to purchase feed and other supplies from? I am just starting into the hobby of raising chicken’s. I’d like to visit a supply store and browse products before obtaining my first birds. I’m hoping to find someplace local that I can frequent for most of my (future) flocks needs. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. So far I’m confused as to what stores and companies sell supplies for raising poultry. I’ve ruled out pet stores as well as factories that sell only large farming equipment. Specifically, the products I’m looking for are: chick crumbles, grit, grain, cage/dust bath substrate etc. Would a store with those supplies sell incubators? I have an r-com but I’d like to purchase a mini incubator too.

[​IMG]

Any help or suggestions from BYC forum members will be incredibly appreciated. Thank you for devoting some time to read a question from a newbie.

Here are some local places I’ve found for Salt Lake City:
    Steve Regan Company
    AA Callister
    (not a great list so far…)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    My favorite is TSC, and ebay.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Most any farm supply store should stock the basic poultry supplies that you'll need.

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Poultry supplies are often sold at businesses referred to as feed stores, farm stores and feed mills.

Online, many of the larger hatcheries sell a lot of these poultry supplies, also.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

My favorite is Fleet Farm for lights and shavings and feeders. And for food it is Marathon town and country (feed store) they sell Purina brands which I love.

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    According to their website, you don't have a Tractor Supply in Utah, but you do have these guys:

http://www.ifa-coop.com/

7. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    also look for farm or feed co-ops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by