“Mush” recipe

AChickenBoi

Songster
Oct 13, 2019
A couple days ago, I made a mash of leftover eggs with no carton, cream of wheat, corn grit, and what was left of baby parrot food that needed to be either thrown away or eaten. It was a big hit with the girls, especially my silkies. This is the recipe for it, in case you want to make a simple but tasty treat for the chooks!

Ingredients:
-1-3 eggs (use as many as you like, I just used 2 :))
-1/2 cup of cream of wheat
-3 tablespoons of corn grit
-5 tablespoons of baby parrot food (but that can be ignored as it was just a leftover ingredient I added :>)
-1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (also doesn’t need to be added, but my girls like cinnamon, and it’s good for their respiratory system)

1. Put it all in a bowl, and mix it all together until it has a mush-like consistency, hence the name.
2. I heated up the Mush on stove since a couple of the girls like more chewy bits, but it’s entirely optional
3. Leave it outside for them to completely devour in a matter of minutes! My girls are scared of paper plates for some reason, so I just dumped it out there and let them have at it.

Let me know how it goes with y’all! It was a big hit with my chickens, but everyone’s different! I also wouldn’t give it to them on a regular basis, or they might get chunky from all that Mush lol!
18C47EAD-85DA-4FC7-9014-F4C91B22D3FD.jpeg
(My pure silkie, Shadow, enjoying the treat after chasing off my Plymouth Rocks lol)

Back
Top Bottom