“No beard, no brabanter” .. then what am I!?

Jack1313

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2020
Hi chicken lovers! I just learned the good ‘ol saying, “ no beard, no brabanter “ .. the breeder I got Lady Gaga from, whom I’m quite sure is a cock-a-doodle; said they only deal with three breeds ( lavender orpington, ameraucana, & brabanter) .. Lady Gaga is supposed to be around the 8 week mark, and No Beard... so what is this cool chicky baby then!?
C9DEB0C3-8D6E-40C1-AB3D-453253785C7B.jpeg

Non SOP brabanter. Brabanters are a resurected breed. Polish and Appenzeller are used extensively to improve and expand the gene pool. A large percentage of the hatchlings do not meet the standard and should not be used to farther the breed but they make excellent white egg laying flocks
I'm going to agree. It's color looks to be cream which isn't in Appenzeller Spitzhaubens to my awareness. Especially if the breeder only has Brabanters like she said.

Non SOP brabanter. Brabanters are a resurected breed. Polish and Appenzeller are used extensively to improve and expand the gene pool. A large percentage of the hatchlings do not meet the standard and should not be used to farther the breed but they make excellent white egg laying flocks

I'm going to agree. It's color looks to be cream which isn't in Appenzeller Spitzhaubens to my awareness. Especially if the breeder only has Brabanters like she said.

Agreed

Yeah me too. If she doesn’t have any other breeds (or at least none that look remotely similar to this) then it can’t be Appenzeller or the other breeds mentioned. One of mine is clean faced and another has a small crest, so I think it still varies a lot. Of course mine are hatchery birds (Ideal was the only place I could find them at the time) and these birds probably aren’t hatchery birds but still. I’m not using mine for breeding or anything but I think it still happens occasionally since the breed is relatively “new” in terms of revival??

Back
Top Bottom