“Recipe” for EEs?

HuffleClaw

Sudden Reptile Fanatic
5 Years
Jul 8, 2018
Alabama
Hi!
I know Easter Eggers are commonly confused with Ameraucana chickens... I am really asking about EEs. I may very soon be purchasing either a lavender or black ameraucana cock (not an EE, actually an ameraucana). What breed would the hen need to be in order for the offspring to be EEs?

any breed an EE is an Americana mixed with any other breed of chicken!
Yes, but such as @Brahma Chicken5000 ’s hen Wendy the EE, she is F1 EE (brahma, correct me if I am wrong)... I think (again correct me if I’m wrong) Wendy (the EE) is a buff Wyandotte X lavender (?) ameraucana. I guess I’m asking, which breed will produce (when crossed with a true ameraucana cock would produce mostly pea combed chicks, as I’m not able to purchase an ameraucana hen at the moment) :D

Yes, but such as @Brahma Chicken5000 ’s hen Wendy the EE, she is F1 EE (brahma, correct me if I am wrong)... I think (again correct me if I’m wrong) Wendy (the EE) is a buff Wyandotte X lavender (?) ameraucana. I guess I’m asking, which breed will produce (when crossed with a true ameraucana cock would produce mostly pea combed chicks, as I’m not able to purchase an ameraucana hen at the moment) :D
any chicken that has a pea comb :)

Hi!
I know Easter Eggers are commonly confused with Ameraucana chickens... I am really asking about EEs. I may very soon be purchasing either a lavender or black ameraucana cock (not an EE, actually an ameraucana). What breed would the hen need to be in order for the offspring to be EEs?
The most efficient way in my option to create an array of F1 (first generation) Easter Eggers is to cross an Araucana or Ameraucana cock over a bunch of different breeds of hens. This ensures that you will get many different plumage colors and varying shades of blue and green eggs. If you cross an Araucana, Legbar, or Ameraucana with any breed but itself the offspring will be Easter Eggers.
Yes Wendy is an F1 Easter Egger. The product of a single combed Buff Laced Wyandotte cock over a Lavender Ameraucana hen.
Wendy for reference :D
2BFBCA3D-D3F5-418B-AAF9-DD2CDF50635A.jpeg
52498B8C-CDBE-484F-A862-0CDC069D5E13.jpeg

Easter Eggers can have any type of comb so pea combs aren’t exclusively needed for the bird to be an Easter Egger. The pea comb is dominant to the single comb so if you only want pea combed birds then cross the Ameraucana cock over pea combed or single combed hens. Now keep in mind if you breed the offspring of the single combed hens with each other or to a single combed bird it’s possible that those offspring will have a single comb.

Last edited:
The most efficient way in my option to create an array of F1(first generation) Easter Eggers is to cross an Araucana or Ameraucana cock over a bunch of different breeds of hens. This ensures that you will get many different colors and varying shades of blue and green. If you cross an Araucana, Legbar, or Ameraucana with any breed but itself the offspring will be Easter Eggers.

Yes Wendy is an F1 Waster Egger. The product of a single combed Buff Laced Wyandotte cock over a Lavender Ameraucana hen.
Wendy for reference :D View attachment 1533308View attachment 1533309
Easter Eggers can have any type of comb do pea combs aren’t exclusively needed for the bird to be an Easter Egger. The pea comb is dominant to the single comb so if you only want pea combed birds then cross the Ameraucana cock over pea combed or single combed hens. Now keep in mind if you breed the offspring of the single combed hens with each other or to a single combed bird it’s possible that those offspring will have a single comb.
Thanks so much!! I have 3 blue orp hens, 1 black sex link hen, and 2 red sex link hens I could use for this. :)

Back
Top Bottom