⏰ How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Chickens Each Day?

How much time do you spend with your chickens each day?

• Total voters

CHlCKEN

Addict
Jun 21, 2020
Tennessee
My Coop
My Coop
I’m curious as to how much time everyone spends with their flock! I love watching mine free range and explore, and spend up to 3 or more hours with them some days! However it has become a burden to my phone storage because I tend to take pictures of their every move! I also eat lunch with them (terrible idea as I have now accidentally trained them to jump up on the porch swing with me, and try and take my food!) and stay with them until they go to bed. I love being with my girls and spend lots of time with them. I’m wondering how much time you spend with your chickens/birds each day! Perhaps I will find someone like myself, who spends all day with them!

Hah my phone is mostly chicken pictures. My family is tired of being updated every day, lol.

I try to spend time with them if I'm not busy. Usually an hour-ish on normal days, longer if I am free and especially if the weather is nice and can do some work in the yard.

I can't vote "I don't spend time with them" so I voted "other" because the time I spend varies.

If I'm working a shift during these short days where I leave home in the dark and arrive home with dinner to cook just before dark after 8 hours on my feet, well, that's when the 15yo gets the eggs, gives them their veggie trimmings or other scraps, and closes up their coop for the night.

If it's pouring rain it's the quick in and out to open/close and to collect eggs.

If it's a nice weather on my day off and I need to rake the run then I'm out there in the pen for the best part of an hour. I might sit there to do my Bible study or just relax with chickens and a book.

So I need a separate "It varies" option.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom