♧Ask Wild♧ (Where Everyone's Welcome!)

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Run Wild, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Run Wild

Run Wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

Hey y'all! Today is five years from when I first bought chickens, and in celebration of this milestone I have decided to make a thread in the hope that it brings together many different people with one comminalty; the love we share for our chickens.

Here is what I want you to do, I want you to share stories about your experiences of raising chickens, what you did right, what you shouldn't have done, and what others can learn from it, or you can ask me a question about chickens, doesn't matter whether it is an emergency, or something as simple as what you should add to your chicken's food to prevent them from laying poopy eggs. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability with the help of other subscribers. The point of this thread is not only to have your questions answered, but for others to learn as well. It doesn't matter if you've owned chickens for three weeks or ten years, we all have something to learn, and what better way to learn than by having fun and making friends?!

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Is this big enough to eat?[​IMG]

3. ChickenMama6RIR

ChickenMama6RIR Overrun With Chickens

I have learned from my almost two months of owning chickens, is that it would be a good investment to buy a hanging waterer. I have made that mistake and I still am( I need to ask mama to buy me one. They are five dollars at a local store so yeah I think I'll ask today). The chicks and older chickens kick so much pine shavings, dirt's, and who knows what else in their water. I clean it out and twenty minutes later it's mucky and dirty :/ I end up wasting so much water cause it's so dirty, and I have to continue to clean it out. That's ONE of the lessons I've learned since owning chickens :)

4. Run Wild

Sep 20, 2016
    Noooooooss! Its cute and fluffly, and Iz love it.

5. eggbert420

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas

:lau

6. Run Wild

Sep 20, 2016
    Thanks for that tip :D I'll keep that in mind since I hoping to get a few more chicks in a month or two. Another thing to consider is a DIY project I found on Pinterest, its for food rather than water, but its purpose is to keep from wasting chicken food. I am considering having one made for me soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Run Wild

Sep 20, 2016
    You were joking....

Right? :oops:

8. ChickenMama6RIR

ChickenMama6RIR Overrun With Chickens

I should get/make one of those for my chickens. I have issues with their food also lol! I have a five gallon bucket so.......... Hmmmmmmm?

9. Run Wild

Sep 20, 2016
    I think its pretty cool, being both easy to make and you probably only have to pay under $15 in supplies.

10. eggbert420

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    yes, of course I know she's big enough to eat.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by