➡ Quail hatch along

KDOGG331

Release the Ferrets!!
Premium member
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Massachusetts
If I do start this whole quail business, it will just ensure less time on this site as I will have to deal with tiny little cannibals running around trying to scalp each other.

I do have a rat proofed 8x16 unused coop/barn thing I could jam full if I wanted to. That's in addition to the 4x8 garden pen, and the 4x8 rabbit hutch.
OMG why aren’t you using those spaces!? If I had that many spaces I would have them filled with chickens and/or goats or turkeys or something!!! I’d have so many chickens. :lau

honanbm

Guess it's just you and me, chicken hat
May 25, 2015
Western Washington
OMG why aren’t you using those spaces!? If I had that many spaces I would have them filled with chickens and/or goats or turkeys or something!!! I’d have so many chickens. :lau
I had goats in there. I couldn't stand them, so I got rid of them. Then I cleaned it out, and rat proofed it to eventually use for birds.
As of right now, I have 16 standard ducks, 8 call ducks, 2 geese, and 16 chickens. I also have two unused actual chicken coops. One I'm giving away, and the other is wired for electricity, and is my brooder coop. I like to have extra space for critters in case I need it. Always good to have at least one open coop/pen in case of an emergency.

KDOGG331

Release the Ferrets!!
Premium member
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Massachusetts
I had goats in there. I couldn't stand them, so I got rid of them. Then I cleaned it out, and rat proofed it to eventually use for birds.
As of right now, I have 16 standard ducks, 8 call ducks, 2 geese, and 16 chickens. I also have two unused actual chicken coops. One I'm giving away, and the other is wired for electricity, and is my brooder coop. I like to have extra space for critters in case I need it. Always good to have at least one open coop/pen in case of an emergency.
Ah okay. That actually makes a lot of sense. And probably good not just filling up every available coop. :lau :oops: but still... you have essentially 5 unused coops/shelters/buildings!? :eek: I can’t imagine even having that many let alone not using them. :lau :oops:

You have amazing self control. :lau

Pennys Mama

aka 🐔🐣Cedar Creek Farm Lady🦆🦃
Premium member
Oct 12, 2019
LeFlore County, Oklahoma
You might be right but he tried the chickens a couple of times. He chased a young cockerel out of the back yard once and once I caught the cockerel and got him back in the yard he went to try to get the cockerel again and the cockerel didn’t run he fluffed his neck feathers like he was ready to fight and he preceded to beat the hell out of my poor poodle then he tried one of my little game hens she didn’t run she got him really good he hasn’t went after a chicken since
I love poodles, we had several toy poodles while I was growing up. They are super loyal & intelligent. Trouble, Mischief, and Golden Boy are the names of the poodles that stand out, they lived up into their teens...
I have a white peka~chon, but she has a poodle brain though.
Also have a Shi~ffon, she is 100% rotten to her core!
IMG_20150731_195058198_HDR.jpg
IMAG0221.jpg
IMG_3nkf7q.jpg
IMG_s0rqru.jpg
IMG_20181212_180227.jpg
20190131_053837.jpg

Top Bottom