➡ Quail hatch along

Phillisy

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Alright... I’m stumped... what colour is this?

21596129-CFAE-4B8E-91A8-986009AA8233.jpeg

Hatched from celadon eggs, thought it was white because it was solid yellow, but then it’s pin feathers started coming in dark, and now it looks blue/silver?! One of the others I though was an Italian is also feathering in with this colour on it’s upper wing, and solid white on the lower section. I’m not sure what silvers looks like as chicks, but could they be silver?

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Premium Feather Member
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
Alright... I’m stumped... what colour is this?

View attachment 2191354

Hatched from celadon eggs, thought it was white because it was solid yellow, but then it’s pin feathers started coming in dark, and now it looks blue/silver?! One of the others I though was an Italian is also feathering in with this colour on it’s upper wing, and solid white on the lower section. I’m not sure what silvers looks like as chicks, but could they be silver?
Can you get a better picture with it’s wing extended? Kind of hard to see

Phillisy

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I tried to get a picture of the other one too, but he’s even squirmier, so that didn't work. I don’t know what it is about the Italians from this breeder, but they're all very opposed to being held except my one big roo.

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
The no waste feeder I made is working fantastically. Gonna make more. They're not the prettiest things, but they're free and they work, lol.

So, two of my Falb Fee chicks aren't Falb Fee. One is just regular Pharoah, which is fine. The other, I don't know. I'll have to get a picture. I think it's Fee, for sure, but something else is mixed in there.

Unfortunately that doesn't give me a ton of confidence about these guys not carrying recessive genes that I don't want to be breeding into my other colors, sigh. Still gonna use them, but now I have to be on the lookout for weird things to start popping up, and if they do, then I have to do test breeding to find the carriers to eliminate them from the breeding flock - a lot of work and a big pain.

Top Bottom