āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Ok so quail are now 7 weeks and chunky. But no eggs? I think goose and tiny may be boys but all 4?? They tend to eat the pigeons feed more than there own but I feel like that shouldn't affect them much since if anything it puts more wieght on them than their own feed.

Check their vents, even if they don't foam, you should see the bulge.

Mine are also 7 weeks and the bulge at the male vents are clearly to see.

Ok so quail are now 7 weeks and chunky. But no eggs? I think goose and tiny may be boys but all 4?? They tend to eat the pigeons feed more than there own but I feel like that shouldn't affect them much since if anything it puts more wieght on them than their own feed.
If you have half males, that could be stressing the girls into not laying.

Check their vents, even if they don't foam, you should see the bulge.

Mine are also 7 weeks and the bulge at the male vents are clearly to see.
I had several males that didnā€™t crow, and had no visible bulge and didnā€™t produce foam until over 9 weeks, I think 3 out of my 10 males was this way. I woke up one morning and all my hens were bald, it was crazy, I started checking everyone and had 3 more Roos making foam. I had a hen who didnā€™t lay until like 11 weeks or more, I guess hormones happen when they want to, not when I want.

@Nabiki hmm good to know, I tried the 'foam' method but nobody produced anything somehow. So I guess we'll need to wait and see. There's been no crowing either. I simply guessed that goose and tiny may be male as they were the two who attacked the duckling I was looking after almost immediately after putting it down, but I'm not experienced as we know so maybe hens are aggressive too??

@Nabiki hmm good to know, I tried the 'foam' method but nobody produced anything somehow. So I guess we'll need to wait and see. There's been no crowing either. I simply guessed that goose and tiny may be male as they were the two who attacked the duckling I was looking after almost immediately after putting it down, but I'm not experienced as we know so maybe hens are aggressive too??
My hens are more aggressive than my Roos.

Hens can be aggressive too, unfortunately.

My babies.
I'm ready to off this faker panda (is dirty but is a panda I think) and a darker one.
All homegrown.
IMG_20200813_171117.jpg
IMG_20200813_171102.jpg
IMG_20200813_171108.jpg
IMG_20200813_171058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom