➡ Quail hatch along

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
So, the hatch is done and I have more Pharoahs than Egyptians. Even their website says they breed 95% true, but this is less than 50% two times in a row.

So I kind of want to let them know that something is wrong. Either they don't have what they think/say they have in their breeding pen, or they're putting eggs in the wrong spot when collecting them or something.

I don't want more eggs at this point. I just think they should know. Thoughts on this? Should I tell them or just let it go? If it's happened to me twice, it's got to be happening to other customers too, is the thing.

Ravenlover

Songster
Jun 22, 2020
So, the hatch is done and I have more Pharoahs than Egyptians. Even their website says they breed 95% true, but this is less than 50% two times in a row.

So I kind of want to let them know that something is wrong. Either they don't have what they think/say they have in their breeding pen, or they're putting eggs in the wrong spot when collecting them or something.

I don't want more eggs at this point. I just think they should know. Thoughts on this? Should I tell them or just let it go? If it's happened to me twice, it's got to be happening to other customers too, is the thing.
What place was this ?? Sorry still new ish only hatched 1 quail so far lol

FloorCandy

Songster
Apr 15, 2020

I sent an email today about having about 14 snowies of 39 hatched. I’m not sure what the response will be, but I’d like to think they want to know so they can go out and get it all sorted. They seem like nice folks, so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe whoever packs them is not careful.

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
Okay, so I'm going to send them an email once I work out how I want to phrase it to not sound like a jerk. Again, I don't want them to send me more eggs, I just want them to know that something is going wrong for them somewhere.

Also, I wanted to make sure I was correct with the color genetics, so I posted in my quail genetics groups, and I got confirmation that what I thought was correct, is correct. No way a breeding group of all Egyptians can produce Pharoahs. Even Perry Schofield liked my post, lol.

Last edited:

Top Bottom