➡ Quail hatch along

RUNuts

Smiling. I'm up to something.
May 19, 2017
State of Confusion
I am pretty sure that your wry neck problems did not come from the feed. I never have wry neck problems with any of my poultry. I do not give rooster booster or supplemental niacin. I also don't try to save defective hatchlings.
You have me interested now. I remember wry being caused by vitamin deficiency. Did I get that wrong?

A couple lasted to 8 weeks for butchering. A couple passed before then. I don't separate or expend effort.

I've got a small one in the last hatch of 4. The other 2 caught up to the big egg Rosetta looking one.

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
You have me interested now. I remember wry being caused by vitamin deficiency. Did I get that wrong?

A couple lasted to 8 weeks for butchering. A couple passed before then. I don't separate or expend effort.

I've got a small one in the last hatch of 4. The other 2 caught up to the big egg Rosetta looking one.
I usually see people trying to treat wry neck with vitamin E.

Wry neck can be a symptom of several different problems. If it is a symptom of a vitamin deficiency, it would be cause by the deficiency in the brood stock. If it is a symptom of a disease that is a different story.

There is also the possibility that the tendency to get the symptom may be genetic.

Curled toes definitely can be due to genetics.

Everyone wants a simple answer but for the most part things are complex.

RUNuts

Smiling. I'm up to something.
May 19, 2017
State of Confusion
I usually see people trying to treat wry neck with vitamin E.

Wry neck can be a symptom of several different problems. If it is a symptom of a vitamin deficiency, it would be cause by the deficiency in the brood stock. If it is a symptom of a disease that is a different story.

There is also the possibility that the tendency to get the symptom may be genetic.

Curled toes definitely can be due to genetics.

Everyone wants a simple answer but for the most part things are complex.
Interesting. Thank you for sharing the knowledge. I hope I don't see it anymore.

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
The first hatch from my Le Creme project just finished:

tzPuBoFRY1HCCSeEwqbmT34BYhRAr9tevo7l8DYw3NsZIICF50Pt-NptvuZzWiEJapgsjLbGsa9SWwOL91KSKKTlL37yWtDYTEVZA_Zl0qzlqUnSB6ZXCHgVCv81EwKdMHBJMcg7EUfmiybqzMaRpemkVY9YrS3csMU-68GCMagtrtBf8DRzk1c58W77nEENsU1yaI8eRL3ZziOu8pWMthZWvOfC_MA6slVymau0T6Q5elnCLe1yvUaxUj8wI6YHztiDhcYprpbhoLvtk7RGc81pNlSFv1bkql-q8xxccwqi2yYD1APqtCaRoZ7HZxkCoW0LS-rGg-XeskpYAkmLGoi84Q-KrYI7VM34h-3iqMvb9Zr9KBnj5QfUPNZMyTdDssKrJHsPPT4rCs0UyhU35hkgItui8H8k3G0IcLOJ5EiOAkUxf5VTCSJGknEFPm8YQAAdu8eR-6JmdCZr-9ysS_2F55XSDGpsPPXnvS6WxCQ4GiPbuxR5mZPLgMtOt8AhshqJXqjnPAIaqPI9kwWmfUWQhXo67Wy4sVDVv7rahG_yFzduktECXkryaFYf56N11bLn_-5_EjT5uHXIvgTkk-O_JJRK_yD_syjL2Y717UcJyw4GSGcedDbwpm-GSfh6QPUUjb2qIL8FINZq7CPCbRAOLv58Iog6iq_uQ4Wjiu7DHiXCr6blVIJUf94N0w=w1250-h937-no

It would appear to be two Egyptian females and one pharoah of indeterminate gender. I wasn't really expecting to get a Le Creme since I only have about a 6% chance of each egg being one in this generation, haha.

Also, one of my new Celadon hens laid her first egg. It's blue. Which leads me to believe the male I was using might actually have been carrying Celadon. So I'm quite possibly looking at more Celadon layers right away.

Top Bottom