➡ Quail hatch along

Nabiki

Quail Geek
Premium Feather Member
May 15, 2019
Sonoma County, CA
Glamour shots of the three celadon hens I got from my Dec. 27th hatch.
IMAG0001.jpg IMAG0002.jpg IMAG0003.jpg

anvia

Songster
6 Years
May 7, 2014
Wales, UK
Well I think our main hatch is done & we had 25/45 hatch successfully. No “should I....shouldn’t I help” eggs & not one egg needed assistance at all. A lovely clean trouble free hatch - phew!
Yay! & thanks all! I think your advice on humidity really helped. I will wait for that first pip before raising humidity in future.

These were shipped eggs so I’m pretty happy with a hatch above 50% Only one with curly toes so I think the parent birds were largely healthy & in a good nutritional state. It’s always hard to know with shipped eggs what I should consider my fault & poor incubation practice & where to acknowledge the quality of the parent birds & eggs is an issue.

I like our new incubator though... that was pretty much fuss free. I will confess it’s already filling up again..... ducks next! Yay! & from our own happy healthy birds - yay!

vall

Chirping
Oct 5, 2020
So. Cal.
I ordered a cree flashlight two weeks ago. Was supposed to be here last week. Just pinged the seller and ended up with a refund because it hadn't even shipped yet. So much for candling better this hatch :(

CovidtimeQuail

Songster
Nov 28, 2020
Honolulu, HI
(From 2/14/2021) . . .Prepping the incubator -- planning to hatch 14 homegrown (7 celadon, 7 speckled) and 5 refrigerator eggs from the supermarket, total of 19. . . . View attachment 2530481
Update: I just candled the eggs on day 11. Only two of the supermarket (of the total 5 put in ) appear to be clear. There's hope for the other three.

(Of the remaining eggs, 2 homegrown celadon and one speckled homegrown are clear. 14 total eggs are still hopefuls.)

Last edited:

muddy75

14 days til Spring!! 🌸 and 17 til vacation 🚣‍♀️🎣
Premium Feather Member
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Fiddle sticks. The freeze stopped the quail laying here. That and the light appears to be cold intolerant too. It is a solar light and we had several days of no solar.
Hopefully they’ll be back to normal in a couple weeks.....time changes then too so days are starting to get longer!!!

RUNuts

Smiling. I'm up to something.
May 19, 2017
State of Confusion
Hopefully they’ll be back to normal in a couple weeks.....time changes then too so days are starting to get longer!!!
Past the equinox, so the light is getting better. I like feeding the chickens and quail in the light. The time change puts me back to stumbling around in the dark. The things we do for our birds.

Does help when collecting eggs and I have to run to town for whatever reason.

Top Bottom